I’ve been doing this blogging thing for a couple of weeks now, and I’m kind of liking it. This is different from my last foray into blogging – in a good way, I think – and I’m hoping that this is the iteration that sticks.
So, if we’re going to be in this together for the foreseeable future, I thought maybe it’d be nice to get to know each other a little better. My About Me gives a pretty good, broad stroke version of who I am, so in lieu of writing another summary or mini-bio (which, despite years of practice, I have never actually gotten good at), I thought maybe just ten random facts about me.
I’d love to learn about you too! If anything I write resonates with you, or if there are just things you’d like to share, please do so in the comments below.
- My husband and I met on a dating site (OKCupid) ten years ago, but didn’t actually start dating until six months later.
- I identify along the LGBTQ+ spectrum. Probably the best descriptors would be bisexual and genderqueer.
- I got the worst hangover of my life at a Harry Potter convention.
- I have emotional dysregulation issues, and have for as long as I can remember. As I’ve gotten older, the outward expressions of this dysregulation have leveled off, but the level of emotional distress I feel has not.
- I’m addicted to shopping haul videos, especially Dollar Tree.
- I’ve got high blood pressure and tachycardia, so I’m trying to develop a health and fitness routine (which I might blog about…?)
- If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, it would be egg rolls or hash browns. I’m an adventurous eater, but those are my comfort foods.
- I am active in fan and fandom culture, and I attend conventions whenever possible. The only one I am basically guaranteed to make it to every year is Arisia, but I get to others when I can.
- We ultimately decided to only have one kid, but we picked out names for four. The ones that didn’t make it were Corwin James, Amelia Rose, and Cadence Grace.
- Barring the big existential fears like loneliness and death, the things I’m most afraid of are butterflies and moths, heights, and dentists.